Dr. Lt Col Rashmi Chakraborty (Retd)
Lt Col (Dr.) Rashmi Chakraborty (Retd) is a well-known psychiatrist who has served in the Indian Army Medical Corps. She holds an MBBS degree from Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra, and an MD in Psychiatry from West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Dr. Rashmi Chakraborty has over 14 years of experience with the Army Medical Corps. She has worked in various capacities during her tenure with the Indian Army, including serving as a Medical Officer in Military Hospital Meerut, Jammu & Kashmir, and Kolkata. She has also worked as a psychiatrist at Military Hospital Bareilly and Base Hospital, Barrackpore, Kolkata. She served as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Command Hospital Alipore, Kolkata.
Dr. Rashmi Chakraborty has expertise in treating various mental health issues, including general psychiatry and addiction treatment. She has experience providing inpatient structured addiction treatment and has been actively involved in community psychiatry activities. She has also taken lectures and workshops for soldiers and their families and has trained medical officers, nursing officers, and paramedics.
In addition to her medical qualifications, Dr. Rashmi Chakraborty has completed various professional courses and certificates. She has completed the Young Medical Officers Technical Training Course at 166 Military Hospital, Jammu, Army Medical Corps, and the Basic Course in Biomedical Research at the Indian Council Medical Research / National Institute of Epidemiology.
Dr. Rashmi Chakraborty is a member of the Indian Psychiatric Society and has presented papers at various conferences and workshops. She presented a paper on "A Prospective Study of Implementation & Outcome of A Model Intensive De-Addiction Treatment Program at a Pioneer De-Addiction Centre of Armed Forces" at the 73rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatry Society. She has also published a paper on "Psychological effects of COVID-19 pandemic on nurses deployed in high-risk units: A multicentre observational study" in the Journal of Marine Medical Society.
Along with this, she has two more publications:
I. Patra P, Divinakumar KJ, Prakash J, Patra B, Chakraborty R. Clinico-psycho-social profile of patients brought under consultation-liaison psychiatry care in a large tertiary care referral hospital.Ind Psychiatry J 2017;26:24-7.
2. Ahmad A, Ahmad P, Chakraborty R, Ahmad S. A non-randomized case-control study on the prevalence of cognitive deficits in patients undergoing de-addiction therapy for alcohol use disorder in general hospital psychiatry unit in North India. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 2021;8(6): F4-F8.
If you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable psychiatrist in Kolkata, West Bengal, Dr Rashmi Chakraborty can help you. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Honours and Awards
a. Certificate of merit from CBSE for being “top 0.1 per cent of successful candidates of ALL INDIA SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAMINATION 1997 in Mathematics.
b. General Officer Commanding–in–Chief (Northern Command) Commendation for “Distinguished service” in 2011-12.
c. Colonel Kripal Singh Award at 73rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatry Society (2022) for paper presentation “A Prospective Study of Implementation & The Outcome of A Model Intensive De-Addiction Treatment Program at a PioneerDe-Addiction Centre of Armed Forces”
Conferences and symposiums:
1. Mental Health Challenges in CI Ops (Oct 2010) at Command Hospital (Northern Command), Army Medical Corps.
2. Presented Symposium on “Changing Paradigms in Substance Use Disorders” at the 73rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatry Society.
3. I presented a paper on “A Prospective Study of Implementation & Outcome of A Model Intensive De-Addiction Treatment Program at a Pioneer De-Addiction Centre of Armed Forces” at the 73rd Annual National Conference of the Indian Psychiatry Society.
Kalyani General Hospital
Phase II, Plot No. A-12,13,14,15 Kalyani Industrial Estate, Block D, Kalyani, West Bengal 741235
Narayana Superspeciality Hospital
120, 1, Andul Rd, near Nabanna, Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal 711103
- Voice 8067506906
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Senior Resident and Psychiatric Specialist 30 bedded Psychiatry Department of Military Hospital Bareilly (recognised as a Teaching Hospital vide National medical Council letter no 23(1)/2019-Med/125285 dt 20 Jun 2019). Aug 2019 – Aug 2020
- Assistant Professor at Department of Psychiatry Military Hospital, Bareilly. Aug 2020- Aug 2021
- Assistant Professor at Department of Psychiatry Base Hospital Barrackpore. It’s a 80 (30 - General psychiatry and 50 – Deaddiction Psychiatric Center) bedded set up. Aug 2021 – Dec 15 2022
- MBBS Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra 2007
- MD Psychiatry West Bengal University of Health Sciences 2019
- Colonel Kripal Singh Award 73rd Annual national Conference of Indian Psychiatry Society (2022) for paper presentation “A prospective Study of Implementation & Outcome of A Model Intensive De- Addiction Treatment Program at a Pioneer De-Addiction Centre of Armed Forces” 2022
- General Officer Commanding – in – Chief (Northern Command) Commendation “Distinguished service” 2011-2012
- Member of Indian Psychiatric Society
- ID: 88740 WBMC 2022