8 benefits of water in the human body you should know about
Water is an essential component for the effective functioning of our body. Approximately 50 to 70% of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs. The Institute of Medicine has determined that the daily adequate intake of water for adult men is 3 liters and for adult women, it is 2.2 liters. Here are the 8 benefits of water in human body everyone should know.
Advantages of Water In Human Body
- Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue- Water helps human brain to think, focus and concentrate better and to be more alert. As an added bonus, energy levels are also boosted.
- Promotes Weight Loss- Water Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake, reduces hunger, raises metabolism and has zero calories.
- Flushes out Toxins- Water Removes toxins and waste products through perspiration, breathe, bowel movements and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
- Improves Skin Complexion- Water helps to Moisturizes skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around.
- Maintains Nutrients - Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest food and prevents constipation. Water is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat and carry the assimilated nutrients to the cells by circulating through the lymphatic system.
- Boosts Immune System- Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Health Problems - Sufficient water in the body helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines hypertension & back pains) constipation, asthma, allergy and many other health problems, which are commonly caused by dehydration.
- Prevents Cramps & Sprains- Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pains are less likely.