Happy Winter - All About Chocolates And Cakes
SOME KNOWN AND UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT CHOCOLATES AND CAKES
Winter celebration has been started already . It is the time of cake, chocolate, pastry, pizza, pasta and much more. There is some point which will be must consider before intake of those foodstuffs. Chocolate and cake seem to be essential at this time. Today I will discuss about this two food item mainly, its advantage and disadvantage.
Eating chocolate have the following benefits :
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Preventing cognitive decline
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems
- A recent study found that dark chocolate helps restore flexibility to arteries while also preventing white blood cells from sticking to the walls of blood vessels
- Dark chocolate is packed with beneficial minerals such as potassium, zinc, and selenium. A 100g bar of dark (70 percent or more) choc provides 67 percent of the RDA of iron.
- The flavonols in dark chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage.
- Chocolate protects against blood inflammation.
- The very latest research suggests that eating chocolate could help keep your brain function whirring into old age.
The bad effect of chocolate:-
- Chocolate is calorie-dense. Consuming too many high-calorie foods can lead to obesity.
- Among disadvantages of eating chocolate is it is not only high in total fat but high in saturated fat. Saturated fat can increase your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol. Chocolate has a rich flavor not only because of the fat it contains but also from high sugar content.
- Eating Chocolate Causes Heartburn.
- More chocolate intake leads to a dental problem in children also.
Health benefit of eating cake : -
- Ready to eat food.
- Give instant energy.
- Creamy and chocolate cake rich in calorie, a small peace can provide a huge amount calorie.
The disadvantage of cake:-
- The cake contains junk ingredients, artificial colors, and flavors, hydrogenated oils (Trans fats), harmful for health.
- Cake typically has two damaging ingredients: flour and sugar.
- Sugar is not really a nutrient - it’s a cheap source of quick (and unhealthy) calories. Neither is flour, even whole-grain flour - again, a cheap and quick source of calorie.
- Cakes are made up flour, butter, eggs and lots of sugar. So technically it is not a very healthy thing to eat, but the taste is just irresistible. If you want to be healthy, then a cake might not be the best option for you.
- It contains a preservative, coloring agent, flavoring agent and much more, which are not very healthy for our body.
The following foods are bad for your health, should try to avoid them (in occasion time also):
- Sugary drinks
- White bread
- Ghee, butter, and margarine.
- Pastries, cookies, and cakes.
- Processed meat.
- Processed cheese.
- Fast food meals.
- Anything that is high in sugar, refined grains, and vegetable oils.
- Highly processed foods.
- Each and every food in proper and required amount is helpful for the body but harmful in too much amount. Enjoy your winter festive season. Stay safe and healthy.
Diti Bhattacharjee Paul